Robert Harley's Bestselling Guides to High-End Audio
Introductory Guide to High-Performance Audio Systems
Introductory Guide to High-Performance Audio Systems reveals the secrets of getting great sound in your home—in clear, non-technical language. Finally, anyone who enjoys music can put together a high-quality audio system—on any budget. You don't need to be a techno-geek or a millionaire to enjoy world-class sound quality in your home. Robert Harley shows you how in Introductory Guide to High-Performance Audio Systems.
With this book you will discover the secrets of buying, setting up, and enjoying high-quality audio equipment. Whether your interest is in 2-channel stereo, multichannel music, or home theater (or all three), this book is your insider's guide to today's new audio gear.
Buy online | Critical acclaim | Robert Harley's Foreword
Table of Contents (PDF, 409KB) | Index (PDF, 634KB)
These are just a few of the secrets you will learn:
- 3 essential things to listen for when auditioning speakers
- 5 system set-up mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to separate marketing hype from true innovation
- The inside scoop on the new surround - sound formats - Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- How to choose the perfect system for your needs, living room, and budget
- How to get the best sound for your money
- How to set up and fine-tune your system for maximum performance
- How to make one system deliver uncompromised stereo, multichannel music, and home-theater performance
- A simple, two-second test to separate the well-built speaker from a cheap imitation